Saturday, August 3, 2013

Traveling Kitty - Dahican Surf Resort, Mati City

Hey guise.
Time is indeed unfair for some of us and I just posted this blog about our summer vacation in Mati.
I apologize for being such a slacker that's because I can't try to figure out how to make a very good travelogue.
Hence, I've come to my senses that I should practice typing and promoting than fantasizing about blogging this stuff haha.

I do love travel, walking, going to new places, learning new culture, tradition and pride; I respect that.
However, It's not like I'm a rich person to do all these luxurious things. I tell you, It is a luxury to go on vacation, to travel with all your heart. We already know we must earn, save and spend money but that is just the case of survival. Although, we can bum out at the beach and just enjoy the ocean, we can talk to the people and learn from them, we can keep on driving until we meet our heart's desire.

and I must tell you, give yourself a break.

Without further adieu.
Dahican Surf Resort, hang loose.


First, you have to stop by at the "sleeping dinosaur" hill top view.
We had our breakfast here, I forgot the karinderya's name but It's the only Karinderya with a
hut and a view like this, I think the store was sort of a "bulaloan" name haha!


Having breakfast at the karinderya. It was a beef fest lol we ordered a lot of "Bulalo" (Marrow Beef Stew), and Coffee. We were still sleepy, and the fact that we got too excited which didn't get enough sleep hah!


Arrived at Dahican surf resort. We went here and it was not the "wave" season. The best time to enjoy still water and swim.



excuse my gruesome hair. Just look how refreshing the water is.



A handsome fisherman lol


our jolly good ole' friends




and tanning starts now...


drinking it ala naturale.


friends jammin', you guys can totally bring instruments. Have a great time singin' your favorite songs.


I was with my boyfriend, mom, big brother and friends. The usual crew going to places.



my boyfran is so addicted to coconut that he eats it like a substitute of rice lol jk.


rain looks terrifying but leaves us fascinated.



night shot. me and my bf stayed in the blue tent.


Early morning, after the rain, glorified!



some morning exercises.




see? early morning exercises. hehe.
Pangoy, one of the locals in Dahican and also a famous skimmer of Davao Oriental.


yes fuck the haters right? haha! just goofin' guise.




ultimate breakfast. Adobong Pusit (Squid), Kinilaw (Raw Fish), and Grilled Tuna prepared by Yoyo (our driver and friend)


here's a nice picture of mama.


hah! cliche beach photo but it's hilarious!


group pic at the beach front.


group pic at the resort entrance.

This was just part I of our Mati getaway.
I made an itinerary first by the way before me and my mom decided to pack things up.
Dahican resort was first in my travel list.
Where I got the info? last 2012, me and my boyfriend went to Amihan sa Dahican to attend a skim competition. Amihan sa Dahican is very close by Dahican resort because well they are obviously in the same spot of Dahican.

More information in our trip here:

useful tip:
- I had nokia maps on my mobile phone and it helped us locate the exact spots, including our destination.
- Make an itinerary before making the trip happen cause it will give you more time and day to change locations traveling. We had plenty of time so the extra days we had getting enough sleep and just relaxing (especially the driver who was also our cook haha).
- Keep hydrating yourself, drink plenty of water, buy enough mineral water. Clean water is scarce when you're always on the road.
- Don't bring a laptop. My big bro brought his laptop and it wasn't that useful, just playing games. Unless if you want to destroy the whole trip by going on the internet and wasting your time there. That's your decision anyway. I'm just giving ya'll a tip.
- Prepare things that are very important when you're out in the heat: Sun block (I always buy the ones in sachet because it's cheaper, Dermaplus moisturizing sunblock SPF 80).
- Well, enjoy nature. Carpe Diem!

How to get there:

Dahican Surf Resort is located at Barangay Dahican. Keep asking the locals to lead you the way, they are very friendly after all.

Accommodation:

Dahican Surf Resort is rather expensive than Amihan sa Dahican but both of them have different amenities.
  • Entrance Fee (as I could remember) - P 100/per head overnight.
  • We rented the white huts - P 3,000 but! The whole spot was like our home, we were treated like V.I.P. and we can borrow tables and chairs, can stay anywhere, and tent anywhere hehe.
There is a grilling and cooking station in the resort.
You can buy fresh seafood in the morning at the beach front where fishermen usually mingle with the locals.
You can ask the "Ate" in the front desk to order fresh coconut. The boys (macho boys) usually get the coconuts with no ropes, and just bare hands. Please give them a tip before checking out.

2014 update: DSR is now different, the resort has a page which you can inquire about surfing lesson packages and other stuff: https://www.facebook.com/Dahicansurftours

Welp. That is all. Have fun at dahican! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment